Thursday, February 15, 2018

"Wisdom" (40 Days of Wisdom for Lent)

The proverbs of Solomon, King David’s son, from Israel:
Their purpose is to teach wisdom and discipline,
to help one understand wise sayings.
They provide insightful instruction,
which is righteous, just, and full of integrity.
They make the naive mature,
the young knowledgeable and discreet.
The wise hear them and grow in wisdom;
those with understanding gain guidance.
They help one understand proverbs and difficult sayings,
the words of the wise, and their puzzles.
Wisdom begins with the fear of theLord,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction. 

(Proverbs 1:1-7 CEB)

The Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. 
Wisdom will enter your mind,
and knowledge will fill you with delight.
Discretion will guard you;
understanding will protect you. 

(Proverbs 2:6,10-11 CEB)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
don’t rely on your own intelligence.
Know him in all your paths,
and he will keep your ways straight.
Don’t consider yourself wise.
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Happy are those who find wisdom and 
those who gain understanding. 
(Proverbs 3:5-7,13 CEB)

The beginning of wisdom:
Get wisdom!
Get understanding before anything else. 

(Proverbs 4:7 CEB)

Doesn’t Wisdom cry out
and Understanding shout?
I have advice and ability,
as well as understanding and strength.
The Lord created me at the beginning of his way,
before his deeds long in the past.
I was formed in ancient times, 

at the beginning, before the earth was.
Now children, listen to me:
Happy are those who keep to my ways!
Listen to instruction, and be wise;
don’t avoid it.
Happy are those who listen to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorposts.
Those who find me find life;
they gain favor from the Lord.
Those who offend me injure themselves; 
all those who hate me love death.
(Proverbs 8:1,14,22-23,32-36 CEB)

Teach the wise, and they will become wiser;
inform the righteous, and their learning will increase.
The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord;
the knowledge of the holy one is understanding. 

(Proverbs 9:9-10 CEB)




No comments:

Post a Comment