Monday, February 19, 2018

"God's Commands" (40 Days of Wisdom for Lent)

"My son, accept my words and store up my commands.
Turn your ear toward wisdom,
and stretch your mind toward understanding.
Call out for insight,
and cry aloud for understanding.
Seek it like silver;
search for it like hidden treasure.
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
and discover the knowledge of God."
(Proverbs 2:1-5 CEB)

"My son, don’t forget my instruction. Let your heart guard my commands,
because they will help you live a long time
and provide you with well-being."
(Proverbs 3:1-2 CEB)

Hear, children, fatherly instruction;
pay attention to gain understanding.
I’ll teach you well.
Don’t abandon my instruction.
When I was a son to my father,
tender and my mother’s favorite,
he taught me and said to me:
“Let your heart hold on to my words:
Keep my commands and live.
Get wisdom; get understanding.
Don’t forget and don’t turn away from my words."
(Proverbs 4:1-5 CEB)

"My son, keep your father’s command;
don’t abandon your mother’s instruction.
Bind them on your heart for all time;
fasten them around your neck.
When you walk around, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will protect you;
when you awake, they will occupy your attention.
The commandment is a lamp and instruction a light;
corrective teaching is the path of life."
(Proverbs 6:20-23 CEB)

"My son, keep my words; store up my commands within you.
Keep my commands and live,
and my instruction like the pupil of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister”;
call understanding “friend,”
so she might guard you..."
(Proverbs 7:1-5 CEB)

Trouble will come on those who despise a word,
but those who respect the commandment will be rewarded.
The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
turning a person away from deathtraps.
(Proverbs 13:13-14 CEB)

Those who keep the commandment preserve their lives;
those who disregard their ways will die.
(Proverbs 19:16 CEB)

Those who abandon Instruction praise the wicked,
but those who follow Instruction battle them.
Intelligent children follow Instruction,...
(Proverbs 28:4,7 CEB)

When there’s no vision, the people get out of control,
but whoever obeys instruction is happy.
(Proverbs 29:18 CEB)

All God’s words are tried and true;
a shield for those who take refuge in him.
Don’t add to his words,
or he will correct you and show you to be a liar.
(Proverbs 30:5-6 CEB)


No comments:

Post a Comment