Friday, September 23, 2016

"OPPOSITE OF HOMOSEXUALTY (OR ANY SIN) IS HOLINESS!" Message from Christopher Yuan

...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,... 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-27)

We all wrestle with sin in our lives, ...the sin which so easily ensnares us,... (Hebrews 12:1) Whether it be homosexuality, fornication, adultery, lying, stealing, cheating, murder, etc. - regardless of the sin, we all struggle, and we can all be delivered.  The problem is we try to become opposite of what we are, instead of becoming obedient to the Word of God, deny our self, and take up our cross daily, and follow Christ Jesus. (Luke 9:23)

Christopher Yuan, a homosexual male who became a Christian while in prison explained his deliverance and conversion in a way that is so powerful, I had to share it. You can listen to his video testimony or read his book, "Out of a Far Country": "... As I continued to read the Bible, I realized that my identity shouldn't be defined by my sexuality. Paul says in Acts 17, "for in Him we live and move and have our being." Christ should be everything, my all in all. My sexual orientation didn't have to be the core of who I was. My primary identity didn't have to be defined by my feelings or sexual attraction. My identity was not gay or homosexual, or even heterosexual for that matter. But, my identity as a child of the living God must be in Jesus alone. God said, "Be ye holy for I am Holy."

"I always thought that the opposite of homosexuality was heterosexuality. But, actually the opposite of homosexuality is holiness. God never said be heterosexual for I am heterosexual. But He did say, "Be holy for I am Holy." For the longest time I could never see myself becoming straight, it was a burden, because I felt I had to somehow become straight to please God. When I realized that heterosexuality should not be my goal, it was so freeing! The thing was that if I became straight, I would still deal with lust. Therefore, I knew that I shouldn't focus on homosexuality, even heterosexuality, but on the one thing God calls everyone too, namely, HOLY sexuality! Holy sexuality is not focused on orientation or change, becoming straight, but on obedience. And I realized that obedience means that no matter what my situation, no matter what my feeling, gay or straight, I must OBEY and be faithful to God!"

"... God's faithfulness is proved, not by the elimination of hardship, but by carrying us through hardship. Change is not the absence of struggles, change is the freedom to choose holiness in the midst of my struggles. I realized that the ultimate issue had to be that I yearned for God in total surrender and complete obedience. Sexual orientation isn't really the issue, it's whether or not you're willing to be holy." 

POWERFUL! Listen or read more of "Out of a Far Country" by Christopher Yuan

Consider listening to Skip Heitzig "Jesus Loves Homosexuals":
http://skipheitzig.com/radio.asp#!y%3D2017%26m%3D5%26BroadcastID%3D2794%26type%3DajaxBroadcast

No comments:

Post a Comment